Sunday 2 November 2014

3D Ceramics



Ceramics
Equipment needed:
Clay
Cutting tools
Slip
Coloured slip (optional)
Glaze

 My own procedure:
1. My first task was to design my ceramic tiles on a piece of paper, this makes you consider the composition of the piece, however some people may not feel the need to do this. I then created one A4 sized tile with my design on it, after doing this your piece had to be split into 3-4 pieces to create a new design. After applying the color glaze and colored glass the tiles then went into the kiln.

2. I then created a 3D ceramic, I chose to make a prism with four sides and a base using slip. Then I created a new design based on my results of my first task and added it to my prism. I made two prisms in this task and created designs on both of them, I then proceeded to paint my ceramics and they were put in the kiln.

Health and safety
  • When using tools you should always be aware
  • Clean your area, clay leaves a lot of dust behind that is bad for other people's and your lungs.
  • Gloves are provided if wanted
  • Keep items off the floor e.g coats, bags etc
  • Be aware of your surroundings in the kiln




No comments:

Post a Comment