Sunday 2 November 2014

Graphics

Using adobe illustrator






Click the Levels or Curves icon in the Adjustments panel.



Using the pen and shape tool

In the tool bar, select the DIRECT SELECTION TOOL.  Image

Now select the PEN TOOL.  Image

Move your PEN TOOL to the middle of your artboard, but don’t click your mouse. Just let it sit there.
 Press and release your COMMAND(Mac)/CONTROL(PC) key a few times. Notice how the PEN TOOLturns into the DIRECT SELECTION TOOL Image

Usually before I select the PEN TOOL to create a path, I will click on the DIRECT SELECTION TOOL so it will be the last selection tool selected. This tool allows you to select and move points individually.

If a point is solid in color, that point is selected or “active” and can be manipulated. Points that are not selected will be open or white in the middle.

Image

Therefore, if I am making a path and I see a point that is not placed properly, I can hold down theCOMMAND(Mac)/CONTROL(PC) key and my PEN TOOL becomes the DIRECT SELECTION TOOL and I can easily select the point I want to move and reposition it.

Image

When I release the COMMAND(Mac)/CONTROL(PC) key after I have made my adjustment, the DIRECT SELECTION TOOL becomes the PEN TOOL again. At this point you will need to click on the last point you set with the PEN TOOL to continue your path. This trick will greatly increase your speed with paths because you can edit your path as you go.

If you are making a path and you hold down the OPTION(Mac)/ALT(PC) key, your PEN TOOL becomes the CONVERT ANCHOR POINT TOOL and you can adjust the handles individually in your curves.

To make the curve handles visible, hold down the COMMAND(Mac)/CONTROL(PC) key (to switch to theDIRECT SELECTION TOOL) and click on the path on the side of the point that you want to adjust and the handles will appear.

Image

Now back to holding down OPTION(Mac)/ALT(PC) and the CONVERT ANCHOR POINT TOOL to grab and adjust the handle.





No comments:

Post a Comment